Before we begin this new endeavor, I wanted to tell you about me, give you an overview of the blog & share some of the features of this site.
- Married for 37 years to Mr. D, Terry Duckworth. We have 1 daughter, Katy, The Child;
- Veteran of the U.S. Navy. I enlisted when I was 31 years old. We were married & Katy was 4;
- Served as a diesel mechanic in the Navy & training officer my final year;
- Also served as the senior female in my department. Accountable for the 75 women in our department;
- Have a Bachelor of Science in Communications & Psychology;
- Has a Master of Divinity in General Ministry;
- Has a passion for ministering to women, helping them fulfill God’s call on their lives;
- Has had the pink bangs for 13 years. For details, invite me to speak to your group;
- Loves speaking at women’s events more than I love chocolate & I REALLY love chocolate;
- Dreams of traveling across the country in an RV, hosting events to help women go from Guilty Girls to Empowered Women;
- Loves the Lord with all my heart & feels incredibly blessed to be called by Him to serve women with my gifts, talents, experience & insights;
- Has to force myself to sit down & write but loves holding a new book I wrote in my hands;
- Looks forward to getting to know all of you better.
About This Blog
Posts focus on:
- Small in-home groups that help women grow spiritually & personally;
- Ways to simplify your life & home, enabling you to devote time to faith, family & friends;
- Tips to simplify entertaining, eliminating your excuses;
- Leadership development;
- Insight into my guilt/fear/faith theory;
- Ways to strengthen your spiritual life;
- Podcasts & videos to better help you understand many of the things I’m sharing.
About This Site
Over the summer, my focus is on helping you understand the importance of small groups in the lives of women. I hope to encourage you to test the possibility of leading your own group. I am also sharing tips to help you plan activities for your kids/family this summer, prepare ahead for BTS & more. As we head into BTS & Autumn, I plan to expand the features offered on my site, including a social network to enable women to connect with other Christian women seeking to strengthen their lives & their families.
I am also adding information on my presentations & events with contact information. I love to travel. I love meeting women across the country. I look forward to helping women move from Guilty Girls to Empowered Women. If you would like more information before I post it, please feel free to contact me, using the email listed below.
I know how frightened women across the country are these days. Many women are filled with uncertainty & their fear is affecting their families. Let’s come together, expose our fear to the light, pray for one another & hold one another up, stepping into the Light of the World!
Questions? Comments? Contact me. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org I also have plans to begin a new podcast & video series filled with even more information for you. You can also find me on social media. I’ll share those links later.
Guess that’s all for now. I really don’t want to overwhelm you in these posts. So relax & enjoy! You are on an incredible journey & we are going to have fun!
Hugs & blessings!